Tuesday, February 1, 2022

 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement. Hebrews 9:27

 

The Mondy morning news, for our local community, was not good. In one city a young 15 year old boy was accidently shot and died, here locally a woman was murdered by her boyfriend.  Tragically both of these victims were in the prime of life, death came unexpectedly.

 

While living life, its hard to comprehend our death. We often avoid talking about it, so not to wish it upon ourself too soon. But, the reality is, our designated date and time inches closer with every minute that passes. Are you prepared for the end?

 

For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, Jesus Christ, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

 

You may not think beyond your time here on earthy, but you should. Eternity is never ending and your time on planet earth is just a drop in the bucket to the time you’ll spend on the other side. Jesus said: “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6.

 

If Heaven is your intended destination, its time to know Jesus Christ and what He has done for you. The Son of God, completely sinless, Jesus lived a life of 33 years on planet earth, providing a glimpse of God’s character and love to mankind, documented in the bible. He died by a painful death of crucifixion, as payment for your and my sins. Three days later He rose to life, defeating death.

 

Acceptance of God’s gift of forgiveness and assurance of eternal life in Heaven is one simple prayer. Pray something like this….Dear Lord, I know I am a sinner. I believe in Jesus Christ and what He did for me. I confess my sins to you and ask for your forgiveness. I want to accept Jesus Christ into my life and live for you every day. Thank you for saving me. If you prayed that prayer, your name is written in the Lambs book of life, with an open invitation to Heaven upon your exit from this life. Walk with the Lord daily by reading His word, living it in obedience and share the good news of your hope with others. God bless!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment