Saturday, February 12, 2022

 For thus says the Lord God of Israel: “The bin of flour shall not be used up, nor shall the jar of oil run dry, until the day the Lord sends rain on the earth.” 1 Kings 17:14

 

I recall a time in my life when I was single and money was tight. On one occasion I found myself with a $20 bill in my wallet and 7 days til payday. Thankfully I had filled up my gas tank so I could get to work that week, but I didn’t know how I was going to buy groceries.  I prayed and asked God to help me. A little while later I happened to look inside my fridge and the inside was full of food. Do you know I carried that $20 bill in my wallet for 3 weeks before I had to spend it! God provided for my needs.

 

There is a fascinating story of Elijah who was instructed to stay with a widow for a period of time (1 Kings 17:8-16). The widow, who was very poor and had one son, had barely enough flour and oil to make bread to feed themselves, much less one additional person. Yet, God provided just enough bread and flour to feed all three.

 

There are times in life, when I believe God allows our resources to dry up to just a handful. He does this to provide an opportunity to show us what He can do with what little we have. And EVERY SINGLE TIME, He sustains. He multiplies our resources, by our faith, to meet our needs. He never lets the bin dry up enough that He can’t take something as small as a mustard seed of faith and multiply it to a bountiful supply of blessings.  Every day of my life God shows me His love through provisions He provides. He has never let me down.

 

Maybe you are struggling with just a little. Maybe your limited resources are money, love, shelter, food, clothing, or health. Look to God, in faith, to take your handful of _________ and make it last til God’s blessings rain down on you once again. God has the power to turn one small portion into a bin full. Trust Him today with your handful. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment