Sunday, February 13, 2022

 

As one whom his mother comforts, So I will comfort you. Isaiah 66:13

 

One year ago today my mother, Linda Lou Barr, crossed over into eternity with the Lord. I can only imagine her entry into this beautiful Heaven. Without a doubt, I’m sure it’s her “happy place”. She lived her life in preparation for this new residence. Her life was lived by a strong Godly foundation and she loved and cared for me and my sister with every ounce of her being.

 

Today’s verse perfectly describes my mother. I recall when I went through a very difficult time in my life; every week mom would send me a card with a note of encouragement that went on for months. Every time something happened in my life, good or bad, mom was always there to see me through it. And what’s truly special, I was adopted by my mom and dad. God had a special home for me and He couldn’t have done a better job placing me in the loving hands of my mom and dad. I am truly blessed.

 

Although I miss my mom, and at times I deeply grieve her departure, I feel this total peace and comfort knowing she is in the presence of the Lord. It’s a peace like no other and I’m so thankful to have that intimate relationship with the Lord. Through my relationship with Him, I connect to mom on a spiritual level now and it’s that relationship that makes it all good.

 

I’m sure if mom was still here today, she’d like this Facebook post and maybe provide a few words of encouragement. Until we reunite in Heaven, I can embrace God’s comforting love, just like you provided me through the years while here, being the best mom I could have ever asked for! Love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment