Tuesday, December 19, 2017


Now in the morning, as He returned to the city, He was hungry. And seeing a fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it but leaves, and said to it, “Let no fruit grow on you ever again.” Immediately the fig tree withered away. Matthew 21:18 – 19



A few days ago I went to make a cup of coffee with my Keurig. I popped in the coffee pod and hit the brew button. I stood there and waited and waited and nothing happened. I reset everything and nothing came out. Needless to say, I was very disappointed in the machine for not doing what it was supposed to do. Almost ready to throw it out the door, I checked the water container and somehow I didn’t get it set properly in the machine, thus it couldn’t draw water to make my coffee. It was a close call for that Keurig! Back in business and I’m a happy camper now that I have coffee! If you are like me, don’t mess with my morning coffee!



Jesus had the same encounter with a fig tree. It was meant to bear fruit and when He came to get fruit, nothing; not a single fig, only leaves. It looked like a fig tree, it was a fig tree, but it wasn’t doing its job producing fruit. As Christians, if Jesus were to evaluate your life, would He find your life producing fruit in His name?



Jesus said it Himself……You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last--and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. John 15:16. 



As a child of God, He gave you His Holy Spirit, who lives inside you. The seed of faith has been planted in your life, its up to YOU to grow it and produce spiritual fruit for the glory of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. Galations 5:22. Take time today to reflect over your life and see if you are bearing these spiritual fruits. If you are like me, there are certain ones that need more watering, nurturing. Time to “weed out” those things in life that hinder the growth of certain characteristics.



God is counting on you to produce Spiritual fruit that will last. As a result, you will be a blessing to others and reflect the characteristics of Jesus Christ to those around you. Pray and ask Him to help you till your heart so you can grow what’s necessary for abundant life and produce fruit as you should. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment