Sunday, December 10, 2017

Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way ever lasting. Psalm 139:23-24

There have been some days when I faced something much bigger than myself. An issue at work, relationships, financial, spiritual or just the challenges of the day. For me, I tend to obsess over these situations; as a result i encounter much stress, sleepless nights, poor eating habits....leaving me unfit to make healthy choices. Its like I am adrift and not sure where to steer my life. Ever been there? The word "anxiety" is used quite often...but its truth when you have to continue down a path and not sure they way to go.

Friend, God knows everything about you. He designed you with certain abilities, strengths and even allowed you to have specific weaknesses just so you will lean on Him and trust in Him when life's challenges stand taller than yourself. God sees over the mountainious circumstances and He knows the way. As a child of God, He blessed you with His Holy Spirit which lives inside you. Through His Spirit, He prays on your behalf...."Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For when we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." Romans 8:26

Are you groaning and feeling overwhelmed about your circumstances; not sure what to do or which way to journey? Take it up with God, asking for His help. Once you offered up your request, quiet your life, do not try to work it out in your head...but keep your heart open to His calling, keep your eyes open to His leading and stay in prayer. Friends and family want to offer advice, but the One to follow is your Creator...He knows you well and will lead you in the right direction. Trust Him in all matters of life and your anxiety level will decrease and your confidence will increase. Journey well my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment