Tuesday, December 11, 2018


Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. Matthew 11:28 – 30



A yoke is a wooden frame that fits around the head or neck of working animals and connects to a plow by rope or chain. Most commonly used on two animals, it was the way to connect the plow to the animals so the farmer could til the soil. The key is for the animals to walk side by side, bearing the weight together. If one animal got ahead of the other, that animal would bear the entire weight of the plow.



How true it is for Christians. As we see in today’s scripture that Jesus helps us as we navigate life. Sometimes we get ahead of God with our own agenda. When we do, we bear the weight of life and its troubles. So often we see things, people or situations we want to be a part of, yet God says slow down, I’ve got this all in due time. When we march ahead of His schedule, we have trouble, stress, confusion and become exhausted by our own efforts. Whew! God is talking to me right now!  



Jesus wants to walk this life with you, one step of a time. Take His yoke upon you and walk side by side together, allowing Him to bear the troubles you encounter. By doing so your life will yield a bountiful harvest of blessings and great memories along the way! My yoke is easy and My burden is light says Jesus….take each step in stride with Him starting today! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment