Saturday, December 8, 2018


Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. Isaiah 43:18


Years ago there used to be a TV Ad campaign that said…”Your mind is a terrible thing to waste”.  How true, but there are things your eyes see, your ears hear and your heart feels that are captured in your mind and you wish they had never entered that huge storage bank of data. Certain things, people and feelings are painful and your brain keeps recalling those wasted moments that take up useless amounts of time and energy to process and think over, and over and over again!  If you are like me they seem to be recalled in the middle of the night and sleep becomes a priceless commodity. Can you relate?


Here recently I was able to see something that confirmed my suspicions. Although it was good for me to see, it still hurt in a very painful way and keeps coming back up in my mind over and over again. It’s like I can’t seem to shake it off. The more I try, the more tangled in thoughts I get….kind of like walking into one of those huge spider webs you see in the Fall season. You get so wrapped up in them, then you are stuck. So how does one let go of toxic memories so they can move on? LOL, when you find out, let me know.


Reminder Isaiah 43:18: “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.” Easier said than done, but it’s in the book. If we are to move past our mistakes and things that have hurt us, we must work at forgetting them. Where else to look than our creator for help. Jesus said in Hebrews 8:12 “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” Only through Jesus Christ can we let go of our past so we can find better days ahead. Its bondage to hold onto the past. Like a ship still tied to the docks, you’ll never sail unless you untie that leash and let go…only to have it be a faded memory.


It might take time for the scars to heal, but they will over time. “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.” Psalm 51:10. Renew your mind and heart through Jesus Christ and sail away from the drama and pain. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment