Tuesday, December 25, 2018


Therefore brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle. Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work. 2 Thessalonians 2:15-17



As I look back over my life from childhood to the present moment, I recall family traditions around the Christmas holiday. As a child they remained pretty much the same. But, as grandparents passed and I got older those traditions changed over time. I recall once while in college I spent Christmas alone in my room while working in Colorado. There for a moment it was pretty sad, but I overcame my loneliness with thoughts of my loving family and God’s love for me.



Maybe your Christmas traditions have changed over the years and things aren’t as exciting as they use to be. There is one tradition you can put your hope and trust in and that’s the birth of Christ. He is the reason for the season and it’s a tradition you can always find comfort, grace and His presence when you focus on Him.



I know it can be difficult, especially when those traditions you’ve loved have whittled down to a few hours with friends or family. You have a Father who loves you and wants to show you what His presence can do in your moments of loneliness this holiday! Look to Him friend, He’s waiting to embrace your moment and fill your heart with His love! God bless and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment