Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Jesus prayed..."I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in ME through their word; that they may be one, as You Father, are in ME, and I in You; that they also may be one in US, that the world may believe that You sent Me. John 17:20-21

As fellow believers in Christ, it's important to know we are all together one, a unified body of believers, yet separate individuals. Each person has a specific role and purpose in the body of Christ. We are all connected through Jesus Christ. Just like the human body has many parts that function together. So are we as Christians. 

So what does that mean for you? As a part of this unified body you should be praying for fellow believers. Not just family, but everyone. I know at times when I'm on my knees in prayer, someone comes into my thoughts and I pray for them at that moment. I truly believe that is God summoning me to pray for that person. Our prayers for others bring healing to a broken heart, tenders the heart of an enemy, provide encouragement to someone feeling defeated and help for the one who is lost in sin and needs a light to find their way. Praying for others is necessary for the body of Christ to thrive in this foriegn world inwhich we live.

Who has God called you to pray for today? Ask God to give you a name or several names and pray specifically for God to work in their life. Jesus prayed for you over 2000 years ago, share in His example and pray for others....God will bless your obedience and His unified body will work together for the will of God. Pray on, friend! Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment