Saturday, January 7, 2017


Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion. Hebrews 3:15

 

A few years back I pursued something that I thought was good for me, yet God said NO. Convinced I was in the right, I actually debated God for a few months, until God said….its all yours. He lifted His hand of protection and I had miserable chaos in my life for months and months. The distance between me and God grew further over time until I couldn’t take it any longer and I humbly came back to Him. Following this hard lesson, I wrote the following poem from my heart. I share this with you….if you hear His voice, FOLLOW IT no matter the cost! He knows whats best for you! God bless!

 

My way is no longer.

Your voice burned like fire in my heart.

The emptiness, the longings and memories,

Paralyzed me day and night.

On my knees I prayed for healing,

Oh God, restore my soul, restore my union with you!

Lord please, carry me through this storm.

 

Today, is the start of a new chapter.

Healed with scars, I seek your voice.

You have lifted me from the pit of dread.

You have brought life to my storm tattered spirit.

 

From this day forward the path I choose is yours.

Your path is narrow but sure footed.

Danger lurks on either side, but I will follow your voice.

Not visible is the path behind me,

Your shadow has darkened the past.

Advancing forward I listen for your voice,

I follow it without question.

 

Hold my hand Father as we seek new adventures.

Alert me to danger and show me your way.

I am grateful for your soft voice,

That directs my path to righteousness.

Together we can weather any storm!

Amen!  

No comments:

Post a Comment