Friday, August 25, 2017

For You will light my lamp; The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness. Psalm 18:28

I remember as a child I would play outside at night, sometimes hike through the woods, always carrying a flashlight. If I heard a unfamiliar noise, I'd shine the light in the general direction to ease my nerves once I saw it was nothing that would harm me. ‎
The Lord does the same for us. As a child of God, He is always with us, providing security in each step and protection from the darkness. But to calm our nerves in moments of uncertainty, we have to make it a point to shine His light on the subject of concern through prayer. When we do so, we shine God's light right on the thing or person to reveal it's truth. Then in confidence we must trust what the light is telling us. We might not believe what the light reveals because we think we see something different. Trust me friend, the light of Christ is always right. It exposes the truth from the inside, when all we see is the outward appearance. 

Trust the light in all areas of your life and things will be less scary in the dark world. Shine on friend! 
God bless. ‎

No comments:

Post a Comment