Sunday, August 27, 2017

Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. Colossians 3:2

When I look over social media and the news, I see a lot of tribulation through relationship issues, conflict between races, religions and countries, financial burdens....the list is endless. If you focus on this too long, you get depressed and worry about your future. 

I truly believe our problem today is we have our minds focused on the wrong subject, ourselves and others. We need to take our eyes off the things of this world and fixate them on God. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. Galatians 5:22-23. When your focus is on the spiritual things, the problems and issues of this earth seem to disolve. Some of the issues and problems we have today are the result of mankind not following God's standard for righteous living....which leads to peace, joy and contentment. 

Does your world seem chaotic at times? Shift your focus upward, toward God, and draw upon His infinite wisdom, love and encouragement so you can be a light standing in the darkness. "I will lift my eyes to the hills, from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord". Psalms 121:1-2‎

No comments:

Post a Comment