Friday, September 22, 2017

For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 
Romans 7:15

 Today's verse shares Paul's struggle with sin. He wanted to do the right thing, yet those same sins kept popping back up in his life. Like a hand sliding into a glove, he slid straight into the same sinful ways over and over. The bible is full of stories of people who struggled with sin and repeated sin. I have yet to meet anyone perfect, so I'm sure the struggle is real for you as it is me. So what can we do? 

Take a moment and write down this verse: "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13. God is always with His followers. And this verse is proof that He is with us at all times, even when we face temptations. He will help you escape the temptation if you simply surrender it to Him. 

The next time those temptations come your way, pull out this verse and read it, then pray and ask God to help you walk away. God blesses obedience and He will reward you for turning to Him and not Satan in your moment of decision. Who will you follow....satan or God? Follow God and find life more rewarding and full of blessings. The struggle is real, but with God all things are possible...even overcoming sin. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment