Friday, September 29, 2017

to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 
Ephesians 3:19

One of my favorite times of the year is Thanksgiving and all the delicious food served on this special holiday. I remember, as we ate, mom would always say..."leave room for desert"! Not only would she spend hours preparing a delicious meal, she would also bake several  deserts for us to enjoy. Although a challenge, I always left just enough room in my stomach for desert! :)

As Christians, we have so many opportunities to fill our lives with the good things in this world. Hobbies, work, special events, church activities...even food. All of these things are good, but make sure you have room for God in your life. Some of the most stressful times in my life have been when I was full of everything else but God. Over time I noticed my church attendance would wane, tithing dried up and acts of service to the Lord ceased. In return, God's blessings also ceased. As a result, I would realize I was filling my life with all the wrong things and changed my ways back to God. 

Save room for God. He wants to be involved in all aspects of your life...everything. And when you make it a priority to feed from His offerings, life will have more meaning and purpose. Get your fill of God and enjoy His blessings everyday. Have an awesome day friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment