Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? 
Psalm 27:1

When someone breaks their leg, they rely on crutches to support their weight so they can walk, when an elderly person can't walk on their own they rely on a walker, when someone with a permanent disability can't stand they rely on a body brace to keep them standing. These various tools, that help people stand and move, are necessary as a person continues to live life. 

Today's verse says it all..."The Lord is the strength of my life." I can't tell you the number of times I've had to go through circumstances in life where the odds were against me...spiritual attacks, financial worries, job related stress, relational turmoil and weakening faith....I've faced these crises and more in life. At times I have been drained mentally, physically, even spiritually....but God! When I was weak, He was strong. By placing my burdens in His hands, He lifted me up from the weight of my troubles and helped me stand and continue to walk forward in life. God clearly knows the struggle is real, His Son, Jesus Christ, faced it all and was faithful through His entire life....trusting in the Father's promise to never leave nor forsake Him. 

Are you faced with a burden so heavy, you feel anchored and can't move? Break the chains of bondage by giving it to God and He will lift that weight from your shoulders. The problem might not go away, but it won't keep you disabled in life. He will be your crutch when it hurts to take another step, He will be your walker when your walk is not steady and He will be your body brace when you can't stand on your own. He can be the strength of your life if you allow Him to...simply pray and ask for His help. Trust me friend, He will help you. Call on Him today. 
God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment