Sunday, June 3, 2018


But you, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory and the One who lifts up my head. Psalm 3:3



If you’ve ever ridden on a motorcycle you know it can be windy. Thankfully I have a windshield on my bikes that helps protect me from the wind, debris, rain and bugs. That shield protects my body and face from anything painful coming at me. After a good ride, I look over that windshield and see the things that could have hit me; makes me appreciate that piece of plexi-glass that stands between me and trouble.



The same is true with God. When you put your faith and trust in Him, He shields you from the storms of life, from the muck that people throw at you and the challenges you face while navigating life. You can see it coming, but His protective hand keeps you safe, so you can continue abiding within His will without distraction and worry. The key is keeping Him between you and the journey ahead. There are times when you’ll feel the environment you are in, but if you look closely at the positive, you can clearly see Him working. You might have a few emotional scars and spiritual bruises, but God was working. It takes a strong faith to see it.



How strong is your faith? You might think God has cut you loose to navigate life. I can assure you He is right there protecting you from chaos. Trust Him, believe in Him and always look for the positive outcomes in every situation. What you search for, you’ll find….if its negative, you’ll see negative things….if you look for the positive, you’ll see the good things. Just keep that in mind as you go about your day, trusting the Lord to shield you. He’s working for you, are you trusting Him? God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment