Friday, June 1, 2018


“You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. John 15:14



Friendship is a wonderful relationship. Its time spent with a person you care about, enjoy talking to, count on to be there and most likely share the same interest. Time does nothing more than strengthen that relationship, sustaining it no matter the differences you two may have with each other.



God wants to be friends with you and me. He compares our relationship with Him to a friendship. Friendship with God is awesome because once you accept Him into your life, that relationship never ends John 10:28. Over time, you get to know God better through prayer, bible study and keeping your eyes and heart open to His hand working in your daily life. I can speak personally, He is by my side every minute of the day. I see Him work through situations in my life, at work, finances, even at times of rest, He watches over me and helps me recharge.



God doesn’t want puppets He commands to do this and that. He wants loyalty, because He is loyal to us. Even in times when I’ve stepped off the righteous path, He has protected me and helped bring me back to the path of safety and blessings. One of the dangers for a child of God is friendship with the world. Although you may be a Christian and living life in this world, God does not expect or want you to become friends with it. “Do not love the world of the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him (1 John 2:15). God knows the world has nothing to offer His friends. Getting caught up in the world and its ways, habits and social beliefs are enemies of God and His love. Yes, enemies….”Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God?” James 4:4.



Are you friends with God? If so, how loyal are you to Him? If there are things, people, pleasures and habits that come before God, you need to rework your priorities and remove those things that hinder your relationship with Him. Anything or anyone outside His will for your life brings division. Division is what separates us from friendship with God. I can’t think of anyone else I’d rather be friends with than God. Friend God today by cleaning your spiritual house and see an everlasting friendship blossom into something beautiful for your life! God bless!




No comments:

Post a Comment