Sunday, April 1, 2018


And He was withdrawn from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and prayed, saying, “Father if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours be done.”  Then an angel appeared to Him from Heaven, strengthening Him. Luke 22:41-43



Yesterday I had the opportunity to spend some time with my oldest son while playing golf. We had a wonderful time together, talking and sharing information. I was able to learn a few things about what was going on in his life that I wouldn’t have known if I didn’t make time to see him in person. As we went our sperate ways I was reminded about the value of spending quality time with my kids and need to do more of it!  



As Jesus faced His pending death on the cross, He spent some time with His Father, God in Heaven. He slipped away from everyone else to pray and commune with Him. Although this was a difficult time for Jesus, knowing the painful death He would experience, He found encouragement during His time with God, as an angel appeared and strengthened Him.



As we celebrate Easter, I encourage you to start today by spending time with God. Through prayer and bible reading, you can get a better understanding of what God wants for your life and He reveals things that you would never know unless you spend time with Him. God has something very special for each person He created. He created YOU for a purpose. Spend some time with God today, and every day, to discover that purpose and plan He has for your life. Happy Easter everyone! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment