Saturday, April 14, 2018


In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1



Have you ever asked the question, “Is God real”? Back in my teenage years one of my best friends asked me how do I really know God is real. Although I had grown up in church, and accepted Christ as my personal Lord and Savior, I questioned His existence for a brief period of time. I asked my mom, preacher, even a Christian counselor and they all said…pray and ask God to reveal Himself to you. So, I did.



Three months into my quest, I attended a church youth event. All of us had been outside the church running around, playing games. It was about time to go inside, when my youth minister realized he lost his wedding ring somewhere on the church grounds. So, we all set out to find it. As I searched, I said to God…”God if you are real, show me the ring”. I walked around the back of our church and there was a huge white gravel parking lot. It was just getting dark and I could barely see; as I walked across that gravel, something physically stopped my body. I looked ahead and thought I saw something on the gravel, then I heard God’s voice say to me, “David I give you the power to see in the dark. Turn on your flashlight”. When I turned on the flashlight, in the middle of the light’s beam was the ring.



I can’t even put into words the moment of truth and the emotions that followed. It was a God moment for sure and I have never doubted His existence, never questioned who He is and what He can do when you put  your faith and trust in Him.



Maybe the concept of God is a little far out for you to believe. I can tell you, just stop and look around at the world. Every kind of tree, plant, animal, the sun and moon, the human body and its complex processes; human life is the perfect example of God’s existence. But unless you seek out God, you will never fully be assured He is real. If you have doubts, ask God to reveal Himself to you. I promise, if you truly seek the truth, He will reveal Himself, leaving you with no doubt He does exist. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment