Saturday, January 6, 2018


9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11



The other day I found myself talking to a stranger while waiting in the check out line of a grocery store. Our conversation was surface level at best…weather, news of the day…you get the picture. At the conclusion of our conversation the man offered up his name and I shared mine. As I walked away from the store I thought to myself, I will not remember his name by tomorrow..but then who cares its just a stranger I most likely won’t see him again.



This morning as I was waking up, God laid on my heart that the name of Jesus has meaning, purpose and is worth remembering. You might be thinking, yea I know the name of Jesus Christ. But, do you know Him personally? Do you converse with Him on a daily basis…during the good times and bad times throughout the day?



Jesus Christ is no stranger to the child of God, yet so often we forget to include Him in everything we do. Take a few minutes and just think about yesterday. How frequently did you speak to Him through prayer and even casual conversation? If you are honest with yourself, you probably spoke to more strangers than you did Jesus. I can tell you, your conversations with Him won’t be frequent if you don’t put Him #1 in your life.



Making Him a bigger part of your day is the key to having more than a casual and infrequent conversation with Him. Pray often, read His word (take a chapter a day), and find times throughout the day to seek His wisdom, to praise Him for all He does and ask for help when needed. The more you converse with Jesus, the more you will find His presence in every aspect of your life. Do you know Jesus personally? Why not start today by reading His word and talking to Him often. He’ll bless you for your obedience when you seek Him out! His name is above all names…know Him well. God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment