Wednesday, January 24, 2018


O Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar.  You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me.  
Psalm 139: 1 – 5

Wow, you ever been in a relationship for a while and that person says they can’t figure you out. Why do you act the way you do? Ever found yourself in that situation? I have and sometimes I don’t even understand myself. Why I do what I do, at times, can be a real struggle. Life is challenging, especially when we don’t have a grip on who we are or what we like or want.



I can tell you one person who knows you better than yourself, God! He made you in His image (Genesis 1:26) and created you to do good works. The struggle to understand yourself can last a lifetime, but it doesn’t have to be that way. When you quit obsessing over “self examination” and “self condemnation” and focus on God’s will for your life, THEN AND ONLY THEN will you see yourself not as a failure, but a child of God with a purpose for life. I think we often try to figure out our self, get confused, and find it easy to criticize our crazy ways. God sees something different in you, He created you the way you are.



Friend, God has a purpose for your existence. Although you may not feel worthy to be called a child of God, He has a plan to use you in little ways and big ways. No need to figure yourself out, trust God that He knows what He is doing in your life. When you put your complete faith and trust in Him, He will show you the way forward and sustain you when the challenges of life smack you down and you don’t understand why things happened the way they did. Trust Him today knowing He knows YOU and has a plan to grow you and bring blessings your way. God bless!




No comments:

Post a Comment