Monday, January 8, 2018


Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled. Matthew 5:6



One of my favorite places to eat is a Chinese buffet. There is always a good selection of food to eat and it doesn’t take long to fill up. Also gives me a chance to have some veggies, which I am challenged some days to even get one serving. The interesting thing about Chinese food, it doesn’t take long to fill your stomach, it digests quickly, leaving you hungry again just a few hours later. How can something so good, that filled me to the top of my stomach be gone so quickly? I’ll never understand it!



I think the same is true in our every day lives. We all have various needs and try to fill those with things, people and even food. I know I have a subconscious problem with spending money. When something is lacking in my life, oh boy, I want to go spend money to buy something that equates to happiness. The next day though I look at stuff I’ve purchased, look at my empty bank account and find that all those feel-good things have left me empty handed and short changed in my wallet. Can anyone relate?



I’m starting to see something change in me. My commitment for 2018 to devote more time pursing God and His ways has resulted in a decreased desire to spend money.  And the wisdom I’ve gained from reading His word and pursing obedience, has resulted in blessings that continue to fill those little voids in my life. Its amazing how a simple act of obedience and commitment to God can fill the voids.



What are you craving and can’t seem to get enough to fill your heart? Put down those earthly cravings, study the word of God and pursue Him. He longs to give you a serving of blessings that will outlast your earthly life and continue into eternity. This world and its desires will only satisfy for a short while, then you hunger again. Find contentment in God and pursue Him always. Your daily blessing awaits to fill you when your open your heart to God. Seek Him today! God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment