Thursday, January 18, 2018


“For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospels will save it.” Mark 8:35



On occasion you’ll hear someone use the word ‘but”. This is usually in the middle of a statement, like the center point on a teetertotter. Example: “I know you want me to pay this bill BUT I have this other obligation that needs to be met.” You see, that word “but” is basically the break in your agreement and following it states your truest intentions.  Let me ask you a question….



Have you ever said “but God”? God calls us to surrender everything so He is always first place in our life. God doesn’t want us to have a sad and empty life, BUT HE knows your desires and sees that a certain habit, person or thing can come between you and Him. Oftentimes He uses His Holy Spirit to communicate His concern to you, by allowing the burdens of your prized possession to weigh you down in hopes of making you aware of its priority over God. You try to argue with God, BUT it doesn’t seem to change your circumstances. Believe me, I’ve been there and the weight of my improper priorities are still felt today.



Whose side is up on the teetertotter of priorities, yours or Gods? Take time today to pray and ask God what or who stands in between you and Him. Then ask Him to give you the strength and will power to surrender it into His hands so God will remain first place in your life. I can’t think of anyone else I’d rather have #1 in my life than God. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me! Put God #1 in your life today! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment